Wednesday, June 3, 2009

When You Don't Feel Thankful

I've focused recently on the need to have the right perspective and give thanks for what is good in your life instead of fixating on what needs to change.
However, after a pregnancy loss, it may be too hard to be thankful because you are caught up in grief.
As a christian, I felt I had to be thankful and joyful because the Bible says so and on my off days I felt guilty about not being able to maintain an attitude of gratitude. Then I came across 2 verses of Scripture that really gave me comfort and I want to share them with you.

  • The LORD is close to the broken-hearted...those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18).
  • The LORD says, "I, even I, am the one who comforts you" (Isaiah 51:12).

It's good to know that God is right there, close by and comforting, when you're feeling too down to "count your blessings".

No comments:

Post a Comment