Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This Christmas

Did some Christmas shopping today (I know...I’m late aren’t I?). One of the people I shopped for is a lovely lady that has been of tremendous help to me on my regular job. She confided in me the first day we met how she’s been married for four years and still trying for a baby.

2 weeks ago I met a receptionist where I work (at the staff clinic) who came to see me excited cos she believed she was pregnant (had all the signs). I’d sent her back for some tests and was to review the result but she didn’t return. Went to see her today and it turns out that she started bleeding heavily a few days after we saw and didn’t have the heart to return because she knew she’d lost the pregnancy.

This Christmas I realise that there are many hurting women for whom this time will not be all laughter and fun but a time with moments of pain. I want to use this opportunity to say that you all are in my prayers.I pray you’ll “have yourselves a merry little Christmas” and that “next year all your troubles will be out of sight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment