Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Results are in!

For those of you that have been following (or if you've read my old blog posts) you'll know that I've been working on a research project to highlight to health care providers the importance of information and support to women after a miscarriage and the relevance of this service in Nigeria.

I'm excited to note that I've started analysing the results from the questionnaires i distributed and the results are what i hoped for. First of all, I've been able to prove that here in Nigeria we have the same prevalence of miscarriage as is stated in books in the UK and US, which is 1 in 4 women would have experienced a miscarriage in their lifetime. The commonest emotion highlighted by these women after their miscarriage was misery followed closely by fear.

With the right information and comforting support i believe we can make sure that other women in the future don't have to walk this path alone and I'm grateful for the privilege to speak out for them.

1 comment:

  1. good, good. thank God. its good you blog now o, i av a piece of u even with d distance and i can stay n d knw.

    and about the other thing-I dey, God is too good.
    chichi

    ReplyDelete