Saturday, February 28, 2009

Being Loved

A 9year-old boy said to his mum one night at bedtime, "Mommy, do you know what I love?"
"What do you love?" She asked quietly.
"I love being loved," he replied. "Yep, I really love being loved."

Isn't that true for all of us? We want to know that we are loved...not just in our heads; we want it to be obvious. I think that's why a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss shakes us so much; it makes us question if God truly loves us. After all, if He did love us we won't have been put through such loss and grief. But I am convinced that God does love us; He is right there with you when your heart is broken. You can feel safe and content in His love and know that there's nothing you can do to make Him love you more or less than He does right now.

You are loved; look around you and you will see how He has filled your life with love...your partner, friends, parents, pets...love is all around.

So like that 9year old, sit back contentedly and enjoy being loved.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, I am losing a baby right now and I am heartbroken but desperate to hear these words of encouragement. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouragement family ,friends and partner often forget that

    ReplyDelete