Monday, January 18, 2010

This too shall pass

For anyone who is struggling, this poem really helped me when I struggled with grief after my miscarriage.


THIS TOO SHALL PASS
If I can endure for this minute Whatever is happening to me,No matter how heavy my heart is Or how dark the moment may be ...

If I can remain calm and quiet With all the world crashing about me,Secure in the knowledge God loves me When everyone else seems to doubt me ...

If I can but keep on believing What I know in my heart to be true,That darkness will fade with the morning And that "this will pass away, too!" ...

Then nothing in life can defeat me For as long as this knowledge remains I can suffer whatever is happening For I know God will break all the chains That are binding me tight in "the darkness"And trying to fill me with fear ...For there is "no night without dawning"And I know that "my morning" is near.
~ Helen Steiner Rice ~

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year and how are you doing? You havent been updating the blog for a while now...

    ReplyDelete