Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my song

as i lay on the hospital bed after the miscarriage, spent from weeping, i made a decision. my dh had gone home to pick up a few things and get the house ready to bring me home so i was all alone in the room. what was my decision? i sang this song:

My Jesus, my Saviour,
Lord there is none like you
all of my days i want to praise
the wonders of your mighty love.
My Comfort, my Shelter,
Tower of refuge and Strength
let every breath, all that i am never cease to worship you

Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King
mountains bow down and the seas will roar
at the sound of your name
i sing for joy at the works of your hands
forever i'll love you, forever i'll stand
nothing compares to the promise i have in you.

you see it's easy to praise God when everything is gr8 and exactly as it should be. i still had days of misery and grief after the miscarriage but i made a decision from the beginning that i will hold on to my God. i had lost my baby but i would not lose my faith. and it is that faith that has seen me through.

1 comment:

  1. For several months after my miscarriage I had difficulty singing this song at church without crying.

    ReplyDelete