Friday, September 19, 2008

This Suprised Me

I went out yesterday to my childhood pastor about being on the board of trustees for this ngo as part of its registration and i had to tell him for the first time that i had a miscarriage. this is because i wasn't in the country when it happened and the only people who knew were the people that knew i was even pregnant.
What surprised me was that as i recounted my story, even if it was just a summary and i was more like explaining why i felt this NGO was needed, i found myself fighting tears. I was really surprised to realize that 18months and 1baby later, that loss still hurt me deeply.
I had been reading on another blog (diary of a miscarriage) that you never truly get over it but yesterday it really brought that fact home to me.
I'm grateful that i'm stronger now but i'm also grateful for the pain. I want to always be able to sympathize with the women i help and never forget how much it hurts to lose a pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment